HistorySearch/Browse TextsSearch/ Browse ImagesAudio/VideoAbout the Project

Glidden School

Location: Corner of North First Street and Garden, DeKalb
Opened: 1904
Demolished: 1975

The City of DeKalb authorized the issuance of $30,000 in bonds to finance the building of this school in 1903-04.

Later the facility would would be renamed Glidden School after DeKalb entrepreneur and barbed wire inventor Joseph F. Glidden.

Images of Glidden School.


Source: Sycamore True Republican June 27, 1906.
©Copyright 2004 Taming the Wild Prairie Digitization Project