- Lewis, Leon. The Facts Concerning the Eight Condemned Leaders. Greenport, NY: Leon Lewis, 1887.
- Lum, Dyer. The Great Trial of the Chicago Anarchists. Chicago: Socialistic Publishing Society, 1886.
- McLean, George. The Rise and Fall of Anarchy in America. Chicago: R.G. Badoux, 1890.
- Parsons, Albert. Anarchism: Its Philosophy and Scientific Basis as Defined by Some of Its Apostles. Chicago: Mrs. A.R. Parsons, 1887.
- Parsons, Lucy. Famous Speeches of the Eight Chicago Anarchists. New York: Arno Press and the New York Times, 1969.
- Schaack, Michael J. Anarchy and Anarchists. A History of the Red Terror and the Social Revolution in America and Europe. Communism, Socialism, and Nihilism in Doctrine and in Deed. The Chicago Haymarket Conspiracy, and the Detection and Trial of the Conspirators. Chicago: F.J. Schulte & Company, 1889.
- Stead, William Thomas. Chicago To-day; or, The Labour War in America. London: Review of Reviews Office, 1894.
- Trumbull, Matthew Mark. Was it a Fair Trial? An Appeal to the Governor of Illinois. By Gen. M. M. Trumbull, In Behalf of the Condemned Anarchists . Chicago: Lucy E. Parsons, 1887.